2/25/13

Retrospace Radio #42: Terrible Tunes





Think you have what it takes? Here's forty minutes of some of the worst sounds pressed to vinyl - consider yourself warned.  These audio abominations are not recommended for those of you with weak constitutions.  Retrospace takes no responsibility for any bouts of depression and self loathing brought on by repeated listening.  Proceed at your own risk.


LISTEN


SUBSCRIBE

TRACK LIST

  1. El Clod - Tijuana Border
  2. Nick Noble - The Bible Tells Me So
  3. Mills Bros - Beaver
  4. Davy Jones - Rainy Jane
  5. Mr. Walkie Talkie - Be My Boogie Woogie Baby
  6. Senator Bobby - Wild Thing
  7. Triple S Connection - My Cherie Amour
  8. Sounds Of Sunshine - Love Means (You Never Have To Say You're Sorry)
  9. Everything Is Everything - Witchi Tai To
  10. Moms Mabley - Abraham, Martin And John
  11. Alfred E Neuman - Its A Gas
  12. Cabot, Sebastian - Quit Your Lowdown Ways

Note: you can download the episode simply by right clicking on the "listen" link and saving target.

I thoroughly enjoyed putting this together. In all seriousness, let me know if you'd like another round.

9 comments:

  1. The only one I can't listen to is Moms Mabley. That's a voice that should not be heard by anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty awful/wonderful. Thanks for posting, and I'm looking forward to more. By the way, the only one I find totally unlistenable is the "Senator Bobby" atrocity. Otherwise, very enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep 'em coming,Gil.After the initial embarassment,I feel empowered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would include anything from David Bowie's 1966 Anthony Newley period. Or Anthony Newley, period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ghastly. Bloody gawdawfull. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure "Witchi Tai To" by Everything is Everything (featuring jazz musician Jim Pepper) deseves to be in this company. It was a staple of underground radio in the early late 60s/early 70s. Brewer and Shipley did a well known version as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rather liked a couple of them, Triple S Connection - My Cherie Amour, and... well it seems a few were ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this was awesome! More please. "It's a Gas" sounds like something Ted Brown would play as the lead up to the 5PM news on WNEW AM (1130) 40 years ago. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete