1/18/13

Album Covers #34: Three Chick Discs



Admittedly, this idea for a post is not my own -  I got it from a Flickr group by one of my favorite record collectors, Epiclectic. Bottom Line: There's a surprising amount of album covers that operate using a single principle: put three females on the cover and be done with it.  The rational, I guess, is that hot babes belong on record covers, and three hot babes is better than one or two.  Four hot babes and things start to look cramped.

Thus, three is the magic number - the perfect fen shui to decorate that cardboard canvass surrounding your vinyl.  Time and time again it rears its lovely head.  So much so, I couldn't possibly deliver all of them in a single post.


































Note: for those pervs who came to the wrong blog, this is not a three dick chick post.  Just walk away quietly and no one has to know you were here.








THE END

11 comments:

  1. The Pipettes album is very good, look for the videos. You need to add SheDaisy, also a three girl line up. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So full of win. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gilligan, off topic here, but you said to let you know when I ripped my Dad's cassette from 1972. I just posted it.
    http://www.retrohound.com/retrohound-podcast-1-dads-cassette-tape-from-1972/

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Here today Gone Tomorrow." Who would have known? And I thought the 70's were bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Red PencilJanuary 19, 2013

    ... a surprising NUMBER of album covers...
    ...rationale.....

    Sorry; just doing my duty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Afro Blues Quintet Plus 1" and SHE is the woman they used on the cover.

    And why not the Afro Blues Sextet then???

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TheStarSisters - I just want the gal in blue and the gal in red to switch gloves...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....lots of big hair on some of those album covers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Polka A-GoGo? F%^&$% yes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd take those three "A La Carte"...

    ReplyDelete