12/5/12

Album Covers #30: Asian Cheesecake


Westerners certainly don't have a monopoly on cheesecake. The practice of covering vinyl discs with pictures of pretty women knows no borders - it's a global tradition.

I don't think it's a stretch to say Far East vinyl beats Western album art in terms of sheer volume of cheesecake. Plus, Oriental album art could get pretty darn risque as you'll soon see.  A few even warrant the dreaded acronym - NSFW.  Proceed with caution.




I should also mention that these albums aren't all from Eastern artists.  In fact, most of these are simply repackaged Western artists.  I wish I had more native musicians; que sera, sera.














In Japan they revere their ancestors..... and lemonade.









This guitar dude album cover is insane.  He's got another one a few more down.



Yes, I know.  A few of these covers have boobs.  Sorry.  Hopefully none of you young'uns will be scarred by the sight of an areola.  I've tried to keep the boob covers small.









Yes. This is actually a Carpenters album!











Normally, I'm a fan of the bikini - but I don't know if I approve of this one.  This is just wrong.  The tan line doesn't help things.


9 comments:

  1. MORE BOOBS....As they make the work day a happy one.

    Picture 32...hummm....looks like some lesbian pancakes are coming up...LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For an Asian market there are a surpring number of european models on these covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly.

      Delete
  3. Now that's a Carpenters album I would buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, that looks like Sylvia Kristel. Wait, IT IS SYLVIA KRISTEL! Didn't know she sang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that one of the few covers to feature an Asian model is the Pat Boone album.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do I suddenly think of pancakes...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some day... (sigh)... Some day sex-sell in advertising WILL return on more occasions than just Super Bowl Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some day... (sigh)... Some day sex-sell in advertising WILL return on more occasions than just Super Bowl Sunday.

    ReplyDelete