4/9/12

Mini Skirt Monday #110: Interracial Couples


I certainly don't pretend to know the back story on all these photographs, so I won't claim these are all actual romantically involved couples. I can tell you that most of these images are from the early seventies, and a mere ten years earlier, pictures like these would have been scandalous - romantic or not.

I'll spare you a long discussion on interracial dating.  I've already touched on it before, and it's a really sensitive subject for some - In fact, I'm sure I'll get complaints on the title of this post.  I couldn't come up with anything better.

I remember seeing an article in LIFE when I was a kid about Jim Seals (of Seals & Crofts) and his black wife.  It was shocking to me then - not in a bad way, just a "new" way.  I'd never seen any 'mixed" couples at that point in my life - I'd lived in Massachusetts, Spain and Ohio by that point. But I have a feeling, no matter where I'd lived, that LIFE article would have been no less jarring.

So, let's check out some miniskirted babes and their partners of a different race.  I also think it wouldn't be wildly inappropriate to raise a glass in honor of John Seals and his Diamond Girl.  Cheers!













Okay, this isn't a miniskirt - but it's close enough.



12 comments:

  1. Hot pants! Yahoo-za!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black, white, yellow, green, or polka dot. If she's got the legs to rock a mini, I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I concur ......

      Delete
  3. The girl in picture number 4 is on the basketball team. The guy is not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, some of these outfits aren't that bad! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. Some look like they could have come from a high school yearbook. When I was in high school in the late 70s in the deep South there was an unwritten rule that when the most handsome/most beautiful were chosen for the yearbook, one should be black and one white. So that may explain some of these pairs, although in other cases there definitely seems to be a lot more going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. picture 11 = pancakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The guy in the last picture must have some very, very hidden talents. What a catch he has made...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not much hand-holding in those pics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. **Jimmy Seals, not John

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJune 19, 2012

    I'm reminded of a line from the movie, "Kentucky fried movie" in their take off for the spoof, "Catholic high school girls in trouble". . . . .

    MORE shocking than MANDINGO!

    ReplyDelete