2/2/11

Foxy Ladies #17: Easyriders Biker Babes

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Technically, the gals of Easyriders magazine were called "Ol' Ladies", but I figured most people would think this was a post about elderly biker women, so I opted for "Biker Babes".

Anyway, Easyriders is a motorcycle magazine that's devoted as much to the machines as it is the biker lifestyle.... and in the seventies that meant heavy drug use, deviant sex, and killing people.  I've paged through current issues, and, frankly, it's just not the same.  There's plenty of tan silicone enhanced skank, but that "Born to be Wild" mojo of Easyriders is long gone.

The women who graced the pages of the magazine are the exact opposite of the airbrushed ladies of Maxim.... these girls were the definition of "rode hard and put up wet".

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301


And Easyriders had no reservations about plastering their mags with the bodies of their "Ol' Ladies".  Even articles on technical information would find an opportunity to feature a scantily clad biker babe.  For instance, an article on tightening a brake rod would be illustrated by a topless Ol' Lady performing the task.

But don't be mistaken, these aren't delicate beauties to be flirted with like a Playboy Bunny.  No, these women will beat your ass Fight Club style and not even break a sweat.

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Paging through some old Easyriders, I came across this featured Ol' Lady - Linnea Quigley.  Fans of 1980's B-movies are well familiar with this Scream Queen - I was a bit surprised to run into her in this magazine.

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Notice the disparity in attractiveness?  If you're reading old Easyriders, you better get used to it.  The magazine is full of attractive women clawing all over ugly, hairy, fat and sweaty bikers.

Well, this is a Foxy Ladies post, so enough about the pot-bellied grizzled bikers - let's take a look at the Ol' Ladies of Easyriders.  Here's a cover gallery from issues from the seventies and early eighties. For added enjoyment, be sure to take note of some of the headlines. Enjoy!

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Screw helmet laws! More of this Ol' Lady here. (NSFW)

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine 1984
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine June1982
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine January1984
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine March1984
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine December1982
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Easyriders magazine April1983
(c) Paisano Publications, LLC, 28210 Dorothy Drive, Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Best headline of them all: How To Tell Your Girl You've Got Herpes

29 comments:

  1. Harley Davidson's quality declined and it almost went out of business in the late 70s and early 80s. That's probably what the "stash of parts" is about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to make a similar comment to the one above. AMF (yes, the bowling company) bought HD back in the 70's and they were making, without a doubt, the worst choppers in the company’s history. Constant breakdowns, but enthusiast still chanted, "I'd rather push a Harley than ride a Honda." I've know one guy to still be riding a HD with an AMF badge and he's still giving it constant maintenance.
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easyriders was a godsend to us adolescent boys in the late '80s/early '90s because they were the only rag with naked ladies that wasn't polybagged for our protection. I think my neighborhood's liquor store owners thought we were all just really into motorcycles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This might be my favorite Retrospace ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember paging through a box of these my older brother left when he moved out, including the Linnea issue! What a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is pure GOLD! Every cover is fantastic. And the article titles are too good to be true. Gut-grabbin' fiction? How to roast a pig with help from Fido? ... I could go on, but the mind reels. Also I noticed that they really had it in for helmet laws, there's articles in almost every issue. PLUS there was a free iron-on transfer? What a mag!
    Since I'm not a biker, I never picked up this mag so I have a question: Did the inside pages feature actual nudity or was it just scantily clad babes with strategically positioned arms over their breasts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know thi s is such an old post but hell I can't resist!!!! RU FUCKING KIDDIN ME!!! This from an Ol' Lady of yesteryear!!! Tits&Ass Babe & oh ya Sex, Drugs, Harley's then rock & Roll....Ya Boy I miss them dayz

      Delete
    2. I miss them dayz too Newfie ! Nice Tits, Fat Ass, and sensimilla.

      Delete
  7. Found a stack of old Easyriders at a used bookstore. The only one I bought was the June 1979 issue. The gut-grabbin' fiction in that one included a short story by Joe R. Lansdale.

    If I had my time back now, I'dve bought the lot of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The woman on the March 1976 issue was a nude pin-up model from the 1960s-1970s. I can't think of her name though. If you look up Big Breast Archive, I think there is info about her there.
    I won't post a link, due to the nudity you will find there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The model for the March 1976 cover is Roxanne Brewer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!

    My witty, relevant, but poignant post is missing.

    Did you find it THAT offensive????

    (or do you feel that the "ol lady" should be seen and not heard)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lacey, I promise I did not delete your comment. Please post it again, I'd like to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. " The magazine is full of attractive women clawing all over ugly, hairy, fat and sweaty bikers."? Sounds me and my ex-boyfriend.

    *ba-bum-TCH!*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Roxanne Brewer

    That's her. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In 1979 i began to ride as an 18 year old boy and i also started to read the easyriders mags,
    it was great fun back then and indeed much more "rock'n roll".
    this site brings back the good memories,thanks from the Netherlands,
    Grtz.Arjen "el tigre" Smits

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great set of magazine covers, these beauties give you the chill... pretty and scary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool, not a tattoo or piercing to be seen anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was in the April 1980 ol lady photo contest. Then as "ol lady of the month" I was in once again. I think it was September 1980. Not sure. It was my 15 minutes of fame. Kinda cool. My name then was "Leslie Spear". Was 18 and already married. Those were good years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, I was an 'Ol Lady of the month also! I think it was in 1979. Nice to see some of us are still around! I still have my 1979 shovel also! Although, I kicked the 'Ol man to the curb 30 years ago!

      Delete
  18. hi,
    nice pics !
    looking for girls and bikes ?
    Radical Flat Twin (http://radical.flat.twin.over-blog.com), Bikes, Babes, Tatttoos and Rock'n'Roll ... Enjoy !
    @+

    ReplyDelete
  19. I still have about 10 years worth of these from about '76 on plus i have6 or 7 years worth of their calenders hanging up in my shop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Soooo funny I ran into this site today! As I was scrolling down I spot my friend Fuzzy in the photos! He is the man in the Linnea photos! WoW! I am sending him this link! He will LOVE it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. AnonymousJune 04, 2012

    Very cool. Was just talking about older Easyriders covers..Is that Maria Callas on the first one? Got the covers of her on them?

    Griz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post!

    My exploits on a motorbike lasted about five minutes until I nearly beheaded myself with a tree, but I just love the look of the things. At the time I read the occasional Easyriders but the UK equivalent back in the 80s was (and is) Back Street Heroes.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_Street_Heroes

    At the time it was figure-headed by eloquent genius Maz Harris, PhD and Hells Angel. The tone was still anti-establishment (I do not trust anyone who is pro-establishment) but a bit less outlaw than the US mag.

    Even the bikes were different because, and it still pains me to see anyone in the UK riding a chopper, our roads are so different to the US. We don't have hundreds of miles of interstate to cruise on and about 90% of UK roads are narrow twistery. Back in the 50s, when the chopper was getting established in the US, the UK's preferred owner-opted bike of choice was the Cafe Racer, which was a British bike stripped for weight and tweaked to take a corner. This still influences the serious custom shops today.

    Got here via Linnea Quigley. Not literally - a Google search.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My name is Lori Jo Hendrix and I lost the issue where I was the cover girl, I lost the calendar as well. Does anybody happen to have a copy?

    ReplyDelete
  24. william studerDecember 05, 2012

    i want to find someone in an old issue, william studer

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm looking for an edition mid to late 80's featuring Hawaii & my sister Christi & her 45 Flathead. Anyone?!!

    ReplyDelete