8/10/10

Vintage Decor #6

1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

I found this old newspaper insert from 1975 and thought I'd share.  It's an advertisement for Ethan Allen furniture stores, and it really has some nice photos of 70s interior desecrations decor in brilliant color.  The pictures are a lot larger than in this post. Click them and you'll land on the Flickr page; then, right click the image to choose a size to view. It's effing complicated, I know.  Hopefully, you'll still have fun perusing this gallery of shame vintage decor. Enjoy!



1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

1975 Ethan Allen Newspaper Insert

17 comments:

  1. You know, it's crazy but with mid century being the big thing now, Ethan Allen should seriously consider bringing back that line...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I think we have the couch in the first picture, just a different color. Eek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even for 70s that is eye-burning bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't bother to go to flickr, the eye strain was enough without blowing them up.

    RetroHound.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mid-century is in. Horrible Colonial is not.

    Love the colors in these photos, but can't stand that they tried to make that gross Colonial furniture they make fit in with the mod and groovy times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my god. It looked as if each member of the Partridge Family picked a spot on the room and puked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these photos. We did have a couch similar to the one in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get over the hideous plaid suit the lady wears in the ad. Almost more retinal burning than the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crikey! Admittedly, the very first picture is sorta kinda coming back into fashion. Not in MY house but I've started to see it in magazines...

    And the woman in the Number Two photo! My eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's with all the hate?? I thought this was a blog for people who actually LIKE retro style, including 70's decor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the guy in the bowtie looking surveying his horrible room with pride.

    OMG, that blue and yellow bedroom! How on earth could anyone SLEEP in that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like some things about 70's decor but I think, for some, it takes at least 50 years for a retro style to become appealing, overall, again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sadly, change the orange carpet for green in that next to last photo, and you're looking at my living room today. Hubby doesn't want to change around "dad's house", ARG!

    ReplyDelete
  14. C'mon you guys!! If you had been born in the 40's like I was and had lived all your life in the blahs, well, the 70's look was most exciting! think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe it's because I grew up in a home designed, built, and (mostly) decorated in the 70's, but while I find several color choices painful to the point of blinding, I kinda love a lot of this. Which is probably why I'm not allowed to decorate anything, ever. (I will never be able to shake my love of wood paneling, as shameful as it.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i own the striped black and white couch in the photo talking about the home planning service.except my grandmother had the couch apolstered pink and a matching olive green camel back chair with pink piping.as well as two in tables.she was rather stylish i must say.

    ReplyDelete